Handyman Services Offered:
Rooms we’ll fix up –
- Deck & Patio
- Living & Dining rooms
- Man Caves
- Horse Shelters
- Tuff Sheds (Conversions)
- Music Rooms
- Whisper Rooms
Areas we take care of –
- Drywall & Walls
Services provided –
- Safety & Mobility
Some of the jobs we’ve taken care of for customers recently:
(Before, During and After pictures of many of these jobs can be found here).
Home # 1 –
After the home was purchased with Home Inspection Report being completed, we took care of the following projects:
- Corrected 2 non-code compliant electrical outlets in the garage that was not on a GFCI protected circuit.
- Removed and replaced the non-working 3-way switch in the master bedroom.
- Removed broken ceiling light fixture in the spare bedroom and replaced with new ceiling fan with a light fixture attached.
- Removed and replaced existing doorknob sets and deadbolts with new (keyed alike) hardware.
- Drilled hole for a deadbolt in the steel laundry room/garage walk-thru door.
- Painted all exterior fascia and eaves above 9 feet since the homeowner did not have a ladder that could reach these areas.
- Removed 2 bathroom exhaust fans, cleaned the interior of fan boxes and fan assemblies, checked for correct operation, and reinstalled fans.
Home # 2 –
- Repaired 18″ sheetrock crack
- Covered hole inside back of kitchen cabinets (where mice were getting in)
- Caulked cracks and painted 3-course high x 120-foot long cinder block retaining wall
Home # 3 –
- Assembled new Murphy bed (kit purchased at Costco) and anchored to wall
Home # 4 –
- Caulked and painted 1×4 trim on exterior window (missed by house painters)
- Repaired broken closet rod
- Repaired/adjusted walk-thru garage door that was nearly impossible to close (or deadbolt) without a great amount of effort
Home # 5 –
- Dis-assemble bunk bed (with trundle bed bottom) and deliver to Habitat for Humanity Restore. Returned to customers home with a receipt for a charitable contribution for their taxes
- Removed and replaced 2 curtain rods with new ones
Home # 6 –
- Installed Code Approved automatic sliding door closer when the homeowner had a new pool built
Home # 7 –
- Replaced old white lattice under front porch with cinder block, reinforced porch supports, and covered bottom 4 courses of block with flagstone veneer
- Added flashing behind gutters to prevent wood rot and cleaned all gutters of pine needles and debris
- Extended back patio deck 3′ and replaced old plywood deck with new composite materials using hidden fasteners, and rebuilt stairs to the porch
Home # 8 –
- Assembled IKEA bed, night stand, dresser, desk plus extension, and 5×5 cubby
Home # 9 –
- Removed and replaced 17 old sprinkler valves along with installing and setting up a new timer for a complete sprinkler system
- Repaired worn and scaling old stucco on the front of the house that was damaged by improperly positioned sprinkler heads
- Installed new Craftsman garage door opener with a wall switch and outside wireless/keyless entry pad
Home # 10 –
- Replaced 5 ceiling fans (& fixtures) removed by the foreclosed owner and installed 4 new ceiling fans plus new patio security lighting
- Installed 2 new drapery rods & 2 corbels
- Hung large 68″ x 56″ framed artwork plus 3 mirrors/artwork
- Re-installed kitchen sink, faucet, garbage disposal, shut-off valves, and all drain lines (Everything ripped out by foreclosed owner!)
- Doggy-door removal (insulated space, sheetrock inside, stucco work on the outside, paint both)
- Door knob-bust-out (Wall patching, texturing, and paint to match) on sheetrock behind the front door, bedroom doors, closet doors, back door, laundry room door, garage door, bathroom doors, and any other doors the foreclosed owner could find.
- Troubleshoot & repair non-working switches/fixtures in kitchen, back patio light, and stairway foot light
- Install garage door opener & keyless entry pad
- Planed/sanded sticky door top & sides
- Installed door stops & self-closing hinges
- Installed new 220 receptacles for kitchen range & dryer (Yep! Ripped out of the wall by foreclosed owner!)
- Re-installed broken crown molding trim at top of kitchen cabinets
- Repaired broken pantry shelves, reinforced, & painted (You guessed it, foreclosed owner anger!)
Home # 11 –
- Cleaned out garage & removed all VERY OLD electrical lines, (Tube & Knob wiring), fixtures & outlets. (Prep for new Truss replacement/installation) in a home built in 1912 (Downtown Chandler)
- Re-installed new wiring (after Trusses replaced) for entire garage outlets, lighting, switches, etc.
Home # 11 –
- Installed 9 new mini-blinds and vertical blinds throughout house
- Assembly & installation of 5 ceiling fans with light fixtures
Home # 12 –
- Trenched & installed over 700 feet of 1/2″ and 3/4″ PVC to 10 horse stalls, wash rack, arena & garden!
- Installed 60 feet of PVC (underground) & new water spigot for horse trough
- Swap out the old exterior light fixture for new double flood light with a motion sensor
- Assembled IKEA wall cabinets & desk, then set up & mounted to the wall
- Made new side supports & corbels for spa gazebo to reinforce structure & then stained the gazebo, inside and out
- Successfully held a Gopher safari on a mini-farm thus preventing broken legs for the horses and kept the puppy from digging any more holes to China!
Home # 13 –
- Installed chair rail in the new baby’s room
- Swapped out the old boring (and broken) light fixture in the kitchen
Not bad for one months work, huh?